Carbon Monoxide | Heating & Air Conditioning Services

Carbon Monoxide

Home   ›   Blogs   ›   Carbon Monoxide
December 18, 2014

I heard about the Cleveland family that was poisoned by carbon monoxide due to their furnace not venting properly.  This is the very reason that I continually stress the need to have your furnace checked each year for proper operation.  When the flue becomes clogged or the heat exchanger has cracks, you will get carbon monoxide spilling back into the home.  And as you see with the recent news story, the poor family was nearly killed.  Just because your furnace seems to be running fine does not mean that there are no problems with the furnace.  In the same vein, I have seen many homeowners trying to install hot water tanks by themselves.  If I showed you some of the installations and the dangers created by the homeowner with regard to venting, you would know why I say Don't Do It!  I realize that it is a repair that seems simple, but unless you REALLY know what you are doing, you could create a situation where you are endangering your family.  Please get your furnace and hot water tank checked regularly for proper operation and venting and make sure that you and your family are protected against CO poisening.

Coupons for Heating and Cooling Services in Cleveland Ohio
Coupons for Plumbing Services in Cleveland Ohio

Connect With Us

Fred's Home Services Facebook Page Fred's Home Services Google Plus Listing Fred's Home Services Yelp Listing Fred's Home Services Home Advisor Listing